Picket Fence Butterfly Card
Butterflies and picket fences bring up thoughts of the countryside or lovely gardens. Make this greeting card featuring a beautiful butterfly fluttering above a white picket fence to give for a variety of occasions.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
October 4, 2013
Using country elements, such as a picket fence, flowers and a butterfly, make this delightful birthday card to celebrate the birthday of a country girl.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one card
- provided pattern of butterfly and picket fence
- 8.2 x 6 in sand-colored cardstock
- white sugar paper
- black sugar paper
- Pilot silver marker pen
- 3 pink paper flowers
- 3 small pink flat-sided rhinestone beads
- quick drying glue
- pencil and ruler
- pair of standard scissors
- Score the 8.2 x 6 inch sand-colored cardstock in half to create a card sized 4.1 x 6 inches.
- Cut a piece sized 5.4 x 3.6 inches from the black sugar paper. With the fold at the left, position and glue it to the front of the card, carefully ensuring that it is an equal distance from the edges.
- Trace and cut the butterfly and the picket fence from the white sugar paper, and glue these to the front of the card.
- Glue the paper flowers to the bottom of the picket fence, and add one rhinestone bead to the centre of each flower.
- Use the Pilot silver marker pen to add some detail to the butterflys wings.
- Trace and cut the butterfly from the black sugar paper. Cut out the inside of the butterfly's wings, so that you will be left with only a skeleton of the black butterfly.
- Glue the butterfly skeleton on top of the white butterfly. Do not glue it down completely ~ only affix the black butterflys body to the body of the first. The wings must be loose and be able to move.
- Use the Pilot silver marker pen to add the butterfly's antennae.
Photo 1: The pattern for the butterfly.
Photo 2: The pattern for the picket fence.
Photo 3: Glue the butterfly and picket fence to the front of the card.
Photo 4: Add the flowers to the bottom of the picket fence.
Photo 5: The skeleton of the black butterfly.
Photo 6: The completed card.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.