Butterfly Themed Greeting Cards
These graceful large winged insects are a beautiful theme for special occasion or note cards. This is a guide about butterfly themed greeting cards
Recycle chocolate foil wrappers to make beautiful butterflies such as are on the card in this tutorial. Once you have mastered this, you can easily transfer the technique to other projects such as butterfly magnets, decorate cigar boxes etc.
Total Time: 60 minutes
Yield: depends on how many wrappers you have.
- chocolate foil wrappers in various colours
- card stock
- shape or die cutter
- clear contact plastic
- Stamp butterfly on the front of a cold laminate scrap with Jet Black Staz On
- Peel backing off the cold laminate.
- Apply small pieces of foils coloured side against tacky surface, in areas as desired or follow photo for placement suggestion. Working with small pieces is easier to ensure minimal colour outside chosen areas. A pair of tweezers is handy here!
- Continue adhering the foils until whole butterfly is covered.
- Cut around stamped and foiled image.
- Bend laminate to lift wings.
- Using the Coluzzle Cutting System or other cutting system, cut 2 ovals for card front as per photo.
- Glue ovals onto card front.
- Decorate card base as desired
- Glue butterfly's body only to the top of card as per photo, lifting wings slightly to give definition.