Butterfly Birthday Card
This page contains instructions and even a printable butterfly design to use in making your own version of this lovely butterfly birthday card
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Make this simple, yet elegant, card to convey birthday wishes to a special family member.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- two pieces of light purple marbled card stock: 8.2 inches x 5.6 inches for the card and 5.2 inches x 3.5 inches for the frame
- two pieces of dark purple paper: 5.4 inches x 3.7 inches for front of card and 8 inches x 5.4 inches for inside of card
- light purple paper, sized 5.2 inches x 3.5 inches
- two similar butterflies, cut from scrapbook paper (or use printed butterflies from the given design)
- four short bristles cut from a broom
- a pair of standard scissors
- purple satin ribbon, 0.3 inches wide
- quick-drying glue
- Fold the 8.2 inches x 5.6 inches marbled card stock crosswise in half to create a card 5.6 inches x 4.1 inches ~ use the ruler to make the fold neat and smooth.
- With the fold at the top, center and glue the 5.4 inches x 3.7 inches piece of dark purple paper to the front of the card.
- Take the 5.2 inches x 3.5 inches of marbled card stock and cut out the inside, leaving a space of 0.5 inches from the outer edges of this piece to make a "frame".
- Glue the light purple paper to the back of the frame.
- Center and glue the frame to the front of the card.
- Glue purple ribbon all around the frame, where the card stock ends and the light purple paper starts.
- Glue the two butterflies to the front of the card, and add two bristles for each butterfly. The bristles will be the antennae.
- Fold the 8.0 inches x 5.4 inches dark purple paper crosswise in half and glue it to the inside of the card to write a message.
The butterfly design used for the card.
The completed card.
By Benetta from Pretoria, Gauteng