Homemade Butterfly Note Cards
Making shaped cards is easier than you might think. Try this pretty butterfly card for the next card giving event or make several and give them as a gift. This is a guide about homemade butterfly note cards
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Shaped note cards are fun and easy to create. They are great for gift-giving.
Approximate Time 1 hr.
- cardstock: white
- patterned paper: (Raspberry Small Dots) Making Memories
- others: ribbon, white envelopes, double-sided tape, decorative edge scissors, hole puncher, scissors, pencil
- Trace the butterfly pattern onto cardstock. Cut out.
- Cut slightly smaller butterfly from patterned paper. Adhere to card.
- Tie ribbon. Adhere.
- To decorate the envelope, make a smaller version of note card. Adhere.
- To make the bag, cut a 7 1/2 x 6 inch strip from patterned paper. Tape the sides. Trim the top edge using decorative edge scissors. Punch a hole, then tie ribbon. Finish it off with a white butterfly tag.
Click Here for the Butterfly Template.
By Maricel from Fairfax, VA
By Love2Shop (Guest Post)
February 28, 20090 found this helpful
I used the template to make cute little pink & white gingham and green and white plaid fabric butterflies for baby shower decor. They turned out beautifully. I got so many compliments and requests to decorate other parties! The guest of honor asked me to make more for her baby's room also. Thanks a million+!
May 7, 20080 found this helpful
very pretty :)
May 8, 20080 found this helpful
these are really pretty i would love to get a card on one of these lol
May 9, 20080 found this helpful
Nice idea, nicely presented.