Butterfly Birthday Card
Make this simple, yet elegant, card to convey birthday wishes to a special family member.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- two pieces of light purple marbled card stock: 8.2 inches x 5.6 inches for the card and 5.2 inches x 3.5 inches for the frame
- two pieces of dark purple paper: 5.4 inches x 3.7 inches for front of card and 8 inches x 5.4 inches for inside of card
- light purple paper, sized 5.2 inches x 3.5 inches
- two similar butterflies, cut from scrapbook paper (or use printed butterflies from the given design)
- four short bristles cut from a broom
- a pair of standard scissors
- purple satin ribbon, 0.3 inches wide
- quick-drying glue
- Fold the 8.2 inches x 5.6 inches marbled card stock crosswise in half to create a card 5.6 inches x 4.1 inches ~ use the ruler to make the fold neat and smooth.
- With the fold at the top, center and glue the 5.4 inches x 3.7 inches piece of dark purple paper to the front of the card.
- Take the 5.2 inches x 3.5 inches of marbled card stock and cut out the inside, leaving a space of 0.5 inches from the outer edges of this piece to make a "frame".
- Glue the light purple paper to the back of the frame.
- Center and glue the frame to the front of the card.
- Glue purple ribbon all around the frame, where the card stock ends and the light purple paper starts.
- Glue the two butterflies to the front of the card, and add two bristles for each butterfly. The bristles will be the antennae.
- Fold the 8.0 inches x 5.4 inches dark purple paper crosswise in half and glue it to the inside of the card to write a message.
The butterfly design used for the card.
The completed card.
By Benetta from Pretoria, Gauteng
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!