Handmade Rustic Flowers and Vases Collage Card
Have fun creating a lovely, unique card using the collage art form. This is a page about handmade rustic flowers and vases collage card.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
If you're planning to make a card for someone special, why not try using the technique of collage. Not only does collage (from the French verb 'coller' = to stick) enable you to use up lots of oddments, it also lets your imagination run wild so that you can create a design that is both highly original and stylish. And when you've made your first card this way, you'll be sure to want to make many more for family and friends!
Approximate Time: 30 minutes per card plus drying time
- white cardstock
- pigment inks
- a selection of stamps (look out for free stamps in holiday craft magazines)
- oddments of paper, felt, lace, yarn, dried plant material, etc.
- a pair of scissors
- a pencil and ruler
- non-toxic PVA glue
- Draw a rectangle from cardstock and lightly score it in half. Make sure your card will fit easily into the envelope.
- Apply pigment ink to cover the outside of the card and let dry thoroughly. Stamp the inked surface using designs of your choice. Repeat this step for your envelope.
- Sketch out a shape you wish to collage - it could be anything, a cat, bird, leaf, or a hat. For example, I drew the silhouette of an evening dress. Cut out the shape from thick paper or cardstock.
- Glue paper strips, felt, and other materials to cover the surface of your shape.
- To finish, secure your collaged design to the front of the card with foam pads. You can even apply a collage to decorate your envelope, too.
- Use a border or corner punch to add interest to your card.
- If you chose a garment shape to collage, make a mini hanger for it using a length of wire or twig.
- To make collage cards for the holidays, decorate tree shapes, holly leaves, baubles, doves, and other seasonal images.
By Anne Davies from United Kingdom