Making a Family Picture Photo Collage

An attractive way to display family photos is to create a collage of various shapes and sizes on your wall. This is a guide about making a family picture photo collage.

For an adorable picture mat border take the regular picture frame and then for the inner border mat cut out pictures of family or friends and glue on as a collage all the way around. This looks really great around a poem about family or the families last name printed or in calligraphy.

By Melanie

I came up with a neat idea for my kitchen. I really love my pictures (of family and friends who visit our ranch) but I am not sure how to follow through with my idea. I want to make a collage on my kitchen wall of black and white pictures that I have scaned off my computer. I need to know if regular paper will work (no sunlight hits this wall) and what to cover the pictures with so I can still wash the wall. If I need to use my photo prints I will but I still want to be able to wash the wall. Any ideas would be helpful.

Tina

Answers

Best Answer

Tina, I would use the black and white print outs and laminate them. Then you can just tack them up on the wall. If you want a permenant way to keep them you can decoupage them with glue or mod podge and then seal it all after it dries throughly with a sealer that doesn't yellow.
I am taking black and white pictures of all my family that is in the military and hanging them inside a frame that has wire strung in it ever which way. Then you just put the pics on with some clips. If you do this, send in a picture!
Hope this helped you.

Best Answer

What about clear contact paper. Put picture on the contact paper face down on the sticky part and them put the contact paper and picture where you want them. That way you can wipe clean anytime you want and still see their smiling faces looking at you...