Buying Vases for Centerpieces

Category Centerpieces
Whether holding flowers or other items, vases are a good choice for making a centerpiece. This is a guide about buying vases for centerpieces.

Does anyone know where I can find cheap, tall (10+ inches), clear, bud vases with a 1 inch wide opening? I need about 30 of them to use as a part of my centerpieces.

Connie from Sterling Heights, MI

Answers

By Ps Mom (Guest Post)

I did a spaghetti dinner fundrasier and used bud vase for the tables. I found SO many at goodwill and thrift stores for 10-25 cents!

Visit your local thrift stores...these are usually sitting there by dozens. If you don't need all 30 right away and if you can catch them at the right time, they will usually mark stuff down just to move them out. People usually go to walmart and buy them new for right around $1 without thinking of checking out the thrift stores...then they are the first thing people get rid of when they de-clutter their homes.

By Julia (Guest Post)

Hi Connie,

Check with the various dollar stores in your area. I've seen some really nice clear glass bud vases as well as the clear glass vinegar and oil cruets in several of our Orlando dollar stores. Even

some of the taller stemware might work for you. If
the "body" of the container will be covered by greenery of some kind, it may not matter too much
about the true size or shape of the "bud vase".

Best of Luck to you,
Julia in Orlando, FL

Try a restaurant supply store they often ship by the case but have tabletop pieces as little as 50 cents/$1.00 a piece (including bud vases and water goblets). Try http://www.inst  .2824LIB.0.7.htm also try florist supply shops just by searching google.

By Pat (Guest Post)

Try Party city, I just bought some for my daughter's shower.

By (Guest Post)

http://www.save  s.com/vases.html

By Jennifer (Guest Post)

Hey...saw this and thought I'd pass along an online store that I found..they have them by the case for $1 each or with a prettier bottom for like $1.60ish each. Just FYI..they were out of stock and sent me an email saying that they wouldn't be back in until late October. I'm looking for my wedding too! Lemme know if you find something cheaper than that..

P.S. These are 2" opening by 7 or 8" tall, plain clear
www dot save-on-crafts dot com

By attila (Guest Post)

I'm in the UK, so I can't recommend a shop for you, but for several weddings, we used small, green (yes, I know you want clear) water bottles, just a simple shape. Is there something you could buy that comes in suitable bottles? Just a thought.

By Amber (Guest Post)

I found some on orientialtradingcompany.com for about a dollar a piece.

I am getting married and my colors are champagne and mocha. I was thinking about square vases filled with coffee beans and off-white flowers. Does anyone know where I can find 5 inch vases for a reasonable price?

By Shon from AL

Answers

http://www.targ  p;node=371372011
Here are some at the target website that are about $4.54 each. It is 6.7 inches. Hope it works.

Check out the dollar stores in your area. They don't all carry the same inventory so look around.

1) Do you have a Michaels crafts store in your area? I got mine there,
2) Scour the thrift stores/ swap meets/ yard sales in your area if you want to find a bargain! They may not all "match" exactly, but there's a beauty in that also. Besides, people will be admiring the flowers and you! Best wishes for a wonderful day!

What about a simple tall glass (like an iced tea glass) that you could rent from the caterer or a catering company? Then you don't have to "get rid" of them at the end of the evening, the caterer will!

Square vases are often expensive. You could try sites like Kijji or craigslist or freecycle, or whatever they give away. And yard-sale sites are called in your area. I would also try yard sales.

For something 5 inches tall, glasses might be a less expensive alternative, if money is an issue.

Or what about rose bowls? I know that they are quite common, and you may be looking for something different, but you should be able to get a bunch of rose-bowls at garage sales for less than $1 each -- I'd shop for 25 cent ones!

The coffee bean and white flower idea sounds lovely.

Check out dollartree.com I'm using a lot of items from here. Cases of vases (usually 12 to a case) are only $12! They do have square vases last I checked. :)

Try checking a store called Oldtimepottery. I don't know where you live, but they are in the Midwestern section of the country, Ohio, PA and surrounding area.

They are the cheapest supply company I've seen with their glassware. They have a huge supply of vases and centerpieces. Worth the trip if you are far away! They may also have a website.
And they have an excellent supply of artificial and silk florals and the most reasonable prices.
Check them out.

I'm looking for used Tower Vases to use as centerpieces for November 2007 wedding.

RJill

Answers

By tracy (Guest Post)

I am a home base florist with weddings being my hobbie. When I need vase's I go on line to
www.flowersandsupplies.com they have them from 24in 6.75 and 28in. 9.35 best price I have found... good luck and if you need advise give me a a haller:)

By Jill (Guest Post)

Thank you!

Try dollar stores. They usually have a terrific selection. good luck.

I am in need of clear vases, cylinder shape of all different sizes. I need about 50 of them. If you have them, or know someone or a website. Please let me know!

By MAH

Answers

Try the Dollar Tree store. They have several types on line and in the store.

I am planning my wedding on a budget and have an idea of what I want my centerpieces to look like, but cannot find any vases for a decent price. We are looking for clear glass (or plastic) vases that are at least 12 inches high and have roughly a 3-4 inch wide opening at the top. I am willing to buy used or second hand vases; anything that will save me money. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help.

By Courtney

Answers:

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I would start scouring The Salvation Army and other thrift shops. I once saw a lady buy a whole cart full of vases at Salvation Army for a banquet dinner that she was helping to put on. (12/14/2009)

By Charleen

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

I agree with mamie. Check your local thrift stores (Goodwill, Salvation Army). The vases might not all match, but that may add to the charm (and besides, what guest goes around from table to table comparing centerpieces?).

I've never used freecycle, but I've heard good things. And I've heard people mention craigslist. I've heard some good things about craigslist, but I've also heard about some freaky stuff. Best of luck. I hope you have a beautiful wedding, and a wonderful marriage!

(12/14/2009)

By Lisa

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Check bravobrides.com. It is a site where wedding stuff is sold, mostly used. You can even sale them on the site once you are done with them! (12/16/2009)

By JB

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Have you tried Dollar Tree? (12/16/2009)

By yessy

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

If you cannot find what you are looking for in the quantity that you need, I would like to suggest a website save-on-crafts.com. This site is awesome! It has lots of items for the DIY bride. If you are looking to do something with hanging organza, check out www.giftsintl-us.com. You can get 40 yards of 54 inche wide tulle for only $10. Check out these websites. (12/17/2009)

By Kellie Maggard

RE: Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Try floating candle shaped flowers in fishbowls. Might be easier to get the items. (12/21/2009)

By Holly

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

We found glass vases at Walmart after Valentines day marked down to .50 cents from $4! Also check Hobby Lobby and Dollar Tree. (04/10/2010)

By Lora

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Try wholesalefloral.com Cylinder Glass Vase 5x14, Cylinder Glass Vase 4x16 or Square Glass vase 3x3x12 $8.75 each (04/17/2010)

By Cherri Stallard

My daughter is getting married in June. We are looking for 12 inch high square clear glass vases. We need 20 of them. Anyone know of a place to buy them inexpensively? Thank you for any help.

mom2tktk from Federal Way, WA

Answers:

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Did you try the Dollar Tree web site? I know you can order things from there if you can't find enough of one item in a Dollar store. (01/29/2009)

By Arnie

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Goodwill has a web site that you can purchase items off of. I thinks it's just Goodwill.com. (01/30/2009)

By Mary

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Go online to a floral supply wholesaler, many will sell to the public. You my need to buy by the case, which is usually a dozen per case. (01/31/2009)

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

I would check Michael's and take advantage of their 40% coupons that come just about weekly. And if you haven't checked eBay already, I'm always surprised at the things I can find there.

Good luck. (02/20/2009)

By Star

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

You can try Old Time Pottery stores, if you don't have this store where you live, you can also check save-on-crafts.com (04/16/2009)

By elizabeth

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Find a nearby wholesaler that sells vases to the public. In SD we have Wholesale Flowers: wholesaleflowersandsupplies.com that has closeout deals and great prices for any one who shops there. (12/08/2009)

By Allen

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.