Trio of Butterflies Party Invitation
Butterflies are popular for spring and summer invitations and greeting cards. These beautiful butterfly invitations are made using brightly colored cardstock and a rubber stamp.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Use bold orange, red, and yellow colors to make a summer garden party invitation. The butterflies and warm colors ~ so often seen in summer flowers ~ will serve as a reminder that nature has once again come to life.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one invitation
- 10.2 x 7.4 in light yellow marbled cardstock
- 6.6 x 2.3 in yellow cardstock
- 6.6 x 2.3 in orange cardstock
- three 2 inched-sized squares cut from yellow sugar paper
- two 2 inched-sized sized squares cut from orange sugar paper
- Jablo stamps (see www.jabtex.co.za for international stockists): Best of butterflies (BB 059) and Krismisroos stamp (PF 045)
- black pigment stamp pad
- true red acrylic paint
- 6 small dark yellow flat-sided rhinestone beads
- 3D self-adhesive foam squares
- orange and red colored felt-tip pens
- quick-drying craft glue
- Score the light yellow marbled cardstock in half to create a card sized 5.1 inches x 7.4 inches.
- With the fold at the left, center and glue the two 6.6 inches x 2.3 inches pieces of cardstock to the front of the card. The orange cardstock must be glued to the left and the yellow cardstock to the right.
- Use the stamp pad to apply an even layer of the black ink onto one of the butterflies in the Jablo stamp collection. Transfer the image onto one of the sugar paper squares and then carefully lift the stamp. Do the same with the other sugar paper squares. Allow the stamped images to dry thoroughly before continuing with the next step.
- Glue the sugar paper squares to the front of the card. The yellow squares must be glued onto the orange cardstock, and the orange squares onto the yellow cardstock. Use glue for four of the squares, but use the 3D self-adhesive foam squares to affix the yellow sugar paper square that would be placed in the middle of the orange row.
- Now use the Krismisroos stamp ~ cut the flowers loose from the stamp, so that you will be left with three separate flowers. Use one of the flowers and the true red acrylic paint to stamp six flowers onto the card. Allow the stamped flowers to dry thoroughly.
- Use the orange and red colored felt-tip pens to add color to the butterflies. Color the top and bottom butterflies stamped onto the yellow squares with the orange felt-tip pen. Color the two butterflies stamped onto the orange squares with the red felt-tip pen. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Add a flat-sided rhinestone bead to the center of each stamped flower.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.