Making a Garden Party Invitation
Making the invitations for your upcoming garden party adds a nice touch to the event. This is a guide about making a garden party invitation
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
We are planning a surprise kitchen tea for a friend at the beginning of spring. The party will be held at the Pretoria Botanical Gardens, and this invitation is just right to set the mood for such a party.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- 8.2" x 6" light purple cardboard
- 3.4" x 5.4" brown riffled cardboard
- 3.4" x 5.4" dark purple cardboard
- one metal embossed watering can scrapbook embellishment
- 8-10 small purple paper flower scrapbook embellishments
- three material butterfly scrapbook embellishments
- pair of standard scissors
- quick-drying glue
- one A4 sheet of white paper
- one light purple envelope
- Fold the light purple cardboard in half to create a card 4.1" x 6", use the ruler to make the fold neat and smooth.
- Glue the 3.4" x 5.4" brown riffled cardboard to the front of the card, carefully ensuring that it is an equal distance from the edges.
- Now use the 3.4" x 5.4" dark purple cardboard. Leaving a space of 0.4" from the outer edges of this piece, cut out the inside so that you will have a dark purple "frame".
- "Frame" the brown riffled cardboard with the frame cut from the dark purple cardboard.
- Glue the metal embossed watering can to the front of the card.
- Use a drop of glue at the back of each flower and "arrange" the flowers on the watering can.
- Add some glue to the back of the butterflies and position them on the card.
- Print a message on the white paper, cut it to the correct size and paste it to the inside of the card.
By BessieBessie from Pretoria, Gauteng
September 14, 20110 found this helpful
That is too cute!
September 21, 20110 found this helpful
Thanks, glad you liked it! :-)
In This Guide