Rustic Country Wedding Invitation
Including an old family wedding photo on your homemade wedding invitation leads an air off rustic or vintage charm. This page gives instructions for making a rustic country wedding invitation.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Use an old family wedding photo to make a wedding invitation that will stir some memories of days gone by. Turn the photo into sepia and use rustic country elements to add to the sentimental effects of yesteryear. This is one invitation that will get the guests talking even before your wedding day!
Total Time: one hour and 20 minutes, including drying time
Yield: one wedding invitation
- old family wedding photo
- 9.4 x 7.4 inch Havana brown cardstock
- A4 sheet of light yellow marbled cardstock
- 5.4 x 4 inch natural Hessian (burlap)
- suitable 1.1 inch wide printed, unbleached linen ribbon
- 0.4 in wide cream satin ribbon
- Upikit brown vintage peel-off lace stickers
- 3.7 x 1.2 inch wooden laser cut out decorative embellishment
- 0.7 x 0.3 inch wooden laser cut out word "Love"
- natural twisted jute twine
- Plaid Royal Coat Dimensional Magic
- standard scissors
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- photo editing software and color printer
- Use the photo editing software to turn the photo into sepia, and add an antique filter.
- Print the photo to a size 3.2" x 5", printing it onto the light yellow marbled cardstock and cut it out.
- Highlight the laser cut out decorative embellishment with a thin layer of the Plaid Royal Coat Dimensional Magic. Gently pop any air bubbles that might appear with a pin and allow to dry for one hour.
- Score the Havana brown cardstock to create a card sized 7.4" x 4.6".
- With the fold at the left, centre and glue the Hessian to the top of the card.
- Glue the linen ribbon to the bottom of the card and cut off any protruding edges.
- Glue the photo to the lower part of the card.
- Frame the photo with the cream ribbon and neatly cut off any protruding edges.
- Add the lace stickers on top of the cream ribbon and neatly cut off the ends.
- Glue the wooden laser cut out decorative embellishment to the top of the card.
- Make a small bow with the jute twine and glue it to the bottom of the card.
- Glue the word "Love" over the twine bow.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.