Rustic Valentine's Day Hanging Hearts
This rustic Valentine's Day decoration is perfect for a home with a country style decor. This is a page about rustic Valentine's Day hanging hearts.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This rustic hanging wreath will be a great addition for a house in the country. It can also be used to adorn a seaside home. Use it around Valentine's Day, or use it as a more permanent feature to add a special touch to your home décor.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one wreath
- 4.2 in high natural twig heart
- 3 in high natural twig heart
- 6 in long piece of twig or driftwood
- 1.4 inch wide light pink polymer clay rose
- 2 1.2 inch wide silver resin turtle doves
- white paper raffia
- white acrylic paint
- Artline 210 Fineliner black pen
- standard scissors
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Cover the big twig heart with the paper raffia: Use a bit of craft glue to secure the end of the raffia at the back of the heart. Wrap the raffia tightly around the heart until the whole heart has been covered with raffia. Cut off any remaining raffia and glue the second end of the raffia in place at the back of the heart.
- Do the same with the smaller twig heart.
- Paint the twig with the white paint and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use the black pen to write the word "Love" in ornate writing on the twig.
- Cut a piece of paper raffia. Tie it around the top center of the big heart and make a knot. Secure the knot with craft glue. Twist the one end of the raffia around the twig and hot glue a turtle dove over the paper raffia. Do the same with the other end of the raffia on the other side of the twig, so that the heart will hang from the twig. Make sure that the heart hangs in the middle of the twig. Then tie the two pieces of raffia together above the twig, so that you will be able to hang the wreath.
- Use a second piece of paper raffia to affix the smaller heart to the bigger heart. Tie the paper raffia around the center of the smaller heart and make a knot. Secure the knot with glue. Then, tie the raffia around the bottom of the big heart, make a knot and secure the knot with glue again.
- Hot glue the rose to the top of the second heart. Tie a bow with another piece of raffia above the rose to finish it off.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.