Making a Flip-Flop Party Invitations
When the weather is warm, its a great time for a picnic party at the beach. This guide is about making a flip-flop party invitation
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Pack a picnic basket and invite your friends to a long, relaxed afternoon on the beach. Make an invitation, using a flip-flop with pearl-decorated straps. Add some paper flowers and sea shells, and get ready for an afternoon of fun in the sun.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one invitation
- provided pattern of the flip-flop
- 8.2 x 5.6 in light green sea-themed cardstock
- 5.1 x 3.4 in green corrugated cardstock
- light green sugar paper
- stiff cardstock for the back of the flip-flop
- twine to make the straps of the flip-flop
- self-adhesive pearl stickers
- one white paper flower
- three green paper flowers
- five small seashells
- quick drying glue
- pair of standard scissors
- Score the light green sea-themed cardstock in half to create a card sized 4.1 x 5.6 inches.
- Photo Description
- With the fold at the top, position and glue the green corrugated cardstock to the front of the card, carefully ensuring that it is an equal distance from the edges.
- Trace and cut the flip-flop from the sturdy cardstock.
- Source (If Applicable)
- Cover the flip-flop with the light green sugar paper and cut off any protruding edges.
- Use the needle and twine to make some straps for the flip-flop.
- Use small strips of sellotape to keep the ends of the twine in place at the back of the flip-flop.
- Decorate the straps of the flip-flop with pearl stickers.
- Glue the white flower on the flip-flop and add a pearl sticker to the centre of the flower.
- Glue the flip-flop to the front of the card.
- Finish it off by adding the flowers and sea shells.
Photo 1: The pattern for the flip-flop.
Photo 2: Score the light green sea-themed cardstock in half.
Photo 3: Cover the flip-flop with the green sugar paper and make some straps.
Photo 4: Decorate the straps of the flip-flop with pearl stickers and glue the white flower on the flip-flop.
Photo 5: The completed invitation.