Handmade Butterfly Birthday Card with Matching Gift Tag
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 408 Posts
November 26, 2011
Make a birthday card and a matching gift tag, using butterflies and paper flowers.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- A4 sheet (8.5 x 11 inches) of pink-colored cardboard
- A4 sheet (8.5 x 11 inches) of cream-colored cardboard
- two foil embossed stickers of butterflies
- four white paper flowers
- two die-cut message tags
I used tags with the messages "It's Your Birthday" for the card and "From Me To You" for the gift tag.
- 40 inches of 0.2" pink Swiss Dot organza ribbon (pink with white polka dots) ~ see http://www.craftyribbons.com/ for a possible supplier
- 3D self-adhesive foam squares
- pair of standard scissors
- quick-drying glue
- standard paper punch
- matching envelope
- From the A4 sheet of pink cardboard, cut a piece of cardboard sized 8.2" x 5.6" and fold in half to create a card 5.6" x 4.1" ~ use the ruler to make the fold neat and smooth.
- Cut two pieces sized 3.6" x 5.2" from the cream-colored cardboard.
- Use one of the 3.6" x 5.2" pieces of cream-colored cardboard to make a "frame" ~ leaving a space of 0.6" from the outer edges of this piece, cut out the inside.
- Glue the frame to the front of the card, carefully ensuring that it is an equal distance from the edges.
- Add Swiss Dot organza ribbon all around the frame and cut off any protruding pieces.
- Glue three of the paper flowers in place at the bottom of the frame.
- Remove one of the butterfly stickers from its backing and stick it in the upper left corner.
- Create a 3D effect for the die-cut message tag. Use the self-adhesive foam squares to lift the tag from the background.
- Glue the second piece of cream-colored cardboard to the inside of the card, where you can write a message.
- From the left-over pink cardboard, cut a piece 2.6 inches x 3.9 inches.
- From the left-over cream cardboard, cut a piece sized 2.3 inches x 3.4 inches and glue it to the front of the 2.6" x 3.9" pink cardboard, carefully ensuring that it is an equal distance from the edges.
- Remove the second butterfly sticker from its backing and stick it on the left-hand side of the gift tag.
- Glue the paper flower in place on the right-hand side of the gift tag.
- Add the “From Me To You” die-cut message tag.
- Punch a hole through one of the corners of the tag and thread a piece of the Swiss Dot organza ribbon through the hole.
By Benetta from Pretoria, Gauteng
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.