Butterfly Birthday Card with Matching Gift Tag
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 408 Posts
Make a birthday card and a matching gift tag, using butterflies and paper flowers.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- A4 sheet (8.5 x 11 inches) of pink-colored cardboard
- A4 sheet (8.5 x 11 inches) of cream-colored cardboard
- two foil embossed stickers of butterflies
- four white paper flowers
- two die-cut message tags
I used tags with the messages "It's Your Birthday" for the card and "From Me To You" for the gift tag.
- 40 inches of 0.2" pink Swiss Dot organza ribbon (pink with white polka dots) ~ see http://www.craftyribbons.com/ for a possible supplier
- 3D self-adhesive foam squares
- pair of standard scissors
- quick-drying glue
- standard paper punch
- matching envelope
- From the A4 sheet of pink cardboard, cut a piece of cardboard sized 8.2" x 5.6" and fold in half to create a card 5.6" x 4.1" ~ use the ruler to make the fold neat and smooth.
- Cut two pieces sized 3.6" x 5.2" from the cream-colored cardboard.
- Use one of the 3.6" x 5.2" pieces of cream-colored cardboard to make a "frame" ~ leaving a space of 0.6" from the outer edges of this piece, cut out the inside.
- Glue the frame to the front of the card, carefully ensuring that it is an equal distance from the edges.
- Add Swiss Dot organza ribbon all around the frame and cut off any protruding pieces.
- Glue three of the paper flowers in place at the bottom of the frame.
- Remove one of the butterfly stickers from its backing and stick it in the upper left corner.
- Create a 3D effect for the die-cut message tag. Use the self-adhesive foam squares to lift the tag from the background.
- Glue the second piece of cream-colored cardboard to the inside of the card, where you can write a message.
- From the left-over pink cardboard, cut a piece 2.6 inches x 3.9 inches.
- From the left-over cream cardboard, cut a piece sized 2.3 inches x 3.4 inches and glue it to the front of the 2.6" x 3.9" pink cardboard, carefully ensuring that it is an equal distance from the edges.
- Remove the second butterfly sticker from its backing and stick it on the left-hand side of the gift tag.
- Glue the paper flower in place on the right-hand side of the gift tag.
- Add the “From Me To You” die-cut message tag.
- Punch a hole through one of the corners of the tag and thread a piece of the Swiss Dot organza ribbon through the hole.
By Benetta from Pretoria, Gauteng
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.