Cosmos Flower Birthday Card
A row of pretty flowers resembling delicate cosmos blooms are the center of this intricate card. This guide contains instructions for making a Cosmos flower birthday card
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Make an embellishment with cosmos flowers as the main focus. Stamp the flowers in white on a black background, add some color with embossing ink and you have created a card that will bring special birthday wishes.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: one card
- 8 x 8.2 in light purple marbled cardstock
- 1 sheet of black sugar paper
- 1 sheet of white sugar paper
- white acrylic paint
- VersaColor purple and yellow stamp pads
- clear embossing powder
- Jablos cosmos stamps, PF 007
- Upikit border punch
- black self-adhesive bud silk stationery lace sticker
- heat gun
- Score the light purple marbled cardstock to create a card sized 8.2" x 4".
- With the fold at the left, use the Upikit border punch to create a border on the right. Use the inbuilt guide to align each part of the border before punching.
- Cover the whole inside of the card with the white sugar paper. Carefully glue the sugar paper to the punched border. Cut off any protruding pieces of paper, so that the punched border will look neat again.
- Glue a strip of black self-adhesive lace sticker to the left of the card, and to the inside of the card, and cut off any protruding edges.
- Use the paint brush to apply an even layer of the white acrylic paint onto the Jablos stamp. Be careful not to apply too much or too little paint to the stamp, as you will end up with an uneven effect. Transfer the image onto the black sugar paper and then carefully lift the stamp.
- Repeat step 5 and stamp two more flowers, so that you will have a row of cosmos flowers.
- Allow the stamped images to dry thoroughly before continuing with the next step.
- Now add some detail to the cosmos flowers. Use the paint brush again to apply some ink from the stamp pads to the cosmos flowers. While the ink is still wet, sprinkle a liberal amount of embossing powder over the wet ink.
- Shake off any excess powder and use the heat gun to emboss the powder. The powder will turn shiny once enough heat has been applied.
- Lastly, cut the black sugar paper to size and glue the cosmos flowers embellishment to the front of the card.