Making a Vintage French Birthday Card
This lovely vintage looking birthday card is a great card to give on special birthday day. This is a page about making a vintage french birthday card
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Use French décor elements as your inspiration to create this birthday card for a friend or family member. Use brown and cream hues for a vintage effect, and add a modern twist with a resin replica of the Eiffel Tower, one of France's most famous landmarks. This created-with-love-card is sure to make the recipient feel very special.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: one card
- 1 8.6 x 6 inch light yellow marbled cardstock
- 1 5.6" x 4.1" piece cut from vintage French scrapbook paper (for this project, the scrapbook paper used was Marie Antoinette: Perfumes C53 004 from www.fabscraps.co.za)
- left-over piece of vintage scrapbook paper
- left-over piece of dark brown scrapbook paper
- 1 3.7" high white resin Eiffel Tower
- 1 piece 0.6" wide cream lace
- suitable 1.1" wide printed, unbleached linen ribbon*
- 3 brown self-adhesive fabric scrapbook butterflies
- 3 0.3" wide clear flat-sided rhinestone stickers
- large petal palm punch from XCut, code XCU 261811
- bronze ink glimmer mist
- standard scissors
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Spray the Eiffel Tower with the ink glimmer mist and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Spray a coat of hairspray over the tower and use the hairdryer to dry the hairspray thoroughly.
- Score the light yellow marbled cardstock to create a card sized 6" x 4.3".
- With the fold at the left, centre and glue the piece cut from the vintage scrapbook paper to the front of the card.
- Glue the lace to the bottom of the card and cut off any protruding edges.
- Glue the linen ribbon to the right of the card and cut off any protruding edges.
- Cut three flowers each from the leftover scrapbook papers.
- Glue the dark brown flower on top of the vintage flower, but do not glue it down completely, so that you can slightly bend the petals of the dark flower upwards. Do the same with the other flowers.
- Add a rhinestone sticker to the centre of each flower.
- Glue the flowers on the lace border at the bottom of the card.
- Glue the Eiffel Tower in place.
- Add the scrapbook butterflies.