Making a 3D Valentine Heart Flower Card
The 3-D flower petals make this card even more charming. This is a guide about making a 3D Valentine heart flower card
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Use a cookie cutter to trace hearts onto different shades of sugar and tissue paper. Glue the hearts onto card stock to create a 3D flower effect for your sweet Valentine.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 8.2 x 5.6 in light pink marbled cardstock
- dark pink sugar paper
- light pink sugar paper
- light pink tissue paper
- pink and blue square grid Washi tape
- purple scrapbook letter stickers
- 14 small light purple-colored flat-sided rhinestone beads
- five small clear flat-sided rhinestone beads
- craft glue, pencil, ruler, and scissors
- 2 in heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Score the 8.2 x 5.6 inch pink marbled card stock length-wise to create a card sized 5.6 x 4.1inches.
- Use the heart-shaped cookie cutter. Trace four hearts onto the dark pink sugar paper, cut them out and with the fold at the left, glue them to the front of the card.
- Use the heart-shaped cookie cutter again to trace four hearts onto the light pink sugar paper and cut them out.
- Use a pencil to roll the rounded points of each heart petal inwards to create a curved flower petal. Add a small drop of glue to each petal and glue it to the front of the card, so that the light pink petals will overlap with the darker petals.
- Repeat steps 3-4 with the tissue paper.
- Use eleven of the purple rhinestone beads and the five clear rhinestone beads to add "pollen" to the flower.
- Glue the Washi tape in place at the top and bottom of the card.
- Use the scrapbook stickers to spell out "Be Mine" on the bottom piece of Washi tape, and add the finishing touches with the final three purple rhinestone beads.
February 1, 20130 found this helpful
February 11, 20130 found this helpful
Thank you, glad you liked it!
February 15, 20130 found this helpful
Love it - very cute :)