Making "Eyes On You" Valentines

Category Cards
Keeping your crafting eyes open allows you to see the potential for using all sorts of packaging materials in future craft projects. In this case tape packaging was incorporated into homemade Valentine's Day cards. Learn how below.

If you shop in the dollar section at Target, the packaging can potentially be reusable. Here is how I made these Valentine's Day cards from the $1 paper tape packaging!

These two cards are for my little toddler who does not go to school yet, but she loves picking up her brother at school and saying hi to his classmates, two in particular, so she'll be giving these to them! These suit her so well because she loves wearing her heart shaped sunglasses, too.

Total Time: 20 minutes

• construction paper
  • glue stick
  • scissors
  • pen
  • cardboard tape packaging

1. For the packaging I am using, I just needed a shape to cover the words "paper tape and the dimensions" so I cut out two larger hearts - purple and yellow. Glue down the hearts.
  2. Advertisement

3. I used the left over heart cut out from a previous project and glued that down.
  4. You can add a cute message. I put "I've got my eyes on you, Valentine". Write a message that flows with your card if you'd like or keep it simple with Happy Valentine's Day!
  5. For the back side that shows pricing - you can easily hide it with cut out squares that are then glued down.
  6. Advertisement

7. Simply add "Happy Valentine's Day" to finish up the card!

Crafts Valentine's Day CardsMay 17, 2020
🎆
🐛
😷
🌻
😎
👔

Generated 2020-05-18 23:10:11 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️