Making a 'Wide-Eyed Over You' Valentine Card
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 408 Posts
January 9, 2018
Give your Valentine a DIY card with a cute little heart girl. This heart girl is wide-eyed with love. Make her a pair of glasses to accentuate her eyes even more, so that no one can miss the stars in her eyes. A card for the young and the young-at-heart!
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: one card for your Valentine
- 11 x 5.4 in pink textured cardstock
- 5.1 x 5.1 in cream colored handmade tissue paper
- A6 size hot pink glitter foam sheet
- 30cm long white tinsel pipe cleaner
- pair of 20mm wiggle eyes
- pink 5mm rhinestone flower
- small piece of red felt
- thin strip cut from white felt
- 10mm wide pink-with-white-dots washi tape
- felt-tip pens: black and neon pink
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- 4.4 inch wide heart-shaped cookie cutter
- standard scissors
- Score the pink textured cardstock to create a card sized 5.4" x 5.4".
- With the fold at the top, centre and glue the handmade tissue paper to the front of the card.
- Glue the washi tape over the fold of the card and cut off any protruding edges.
- Put the cookie cutter on the foam sheet and trace around it. Remove the cookie cutter and cut out the traced heart. Glue the heart to the front of the card.
- Glue the wiggle eyes in place.
- Cut a mouth from the red felt and glue it in place.
- Shape a pair of glasses with the pipe cleaner and glue it to the card. Hold it down for a few seconds until the glue has dried.
- Draw arms and legs with the black pen, and color the hands and feet with the pink pen.
- Make a bow with the strip of white felt. Glue it to the heart girl's head, and glue the rhinestone flower over the bow's knot. Write "I am wide-eyed over you" inside the card and voila!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.