Making an "I Woof You" Valentine's Day Card

Showing your love for people of all ages can be done with a personalized homemade Valentine card. This is a page about making an "I woof you" Valentine's day card.

Valentine's Day is a fun day for young and old. Children love making cards for those they secretly admire. What can be more fun than a card with a cute little dog and a "I Woof You" message? Your child will love making this card and spreading some fun and cheer at school.

Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: one "I Woof You" card

• printout of provided pattern sheet
  • 11.6 x 5.7 in gray cardstock
  • 5.4 x 5.4 in pink cardstock
  • felt in the following three colors: brown, white and black
  • one pair of 20mm yellow wiggle eyes
  • five 0.6
  • colored felt-tip pens
  • pencil
  • dressmaker pencil
  • pair of standard scissors
  • ruler
  • quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)

1. If necessary, an adult might need to help the child to use the pattern sheet to make the following parts for the dog:

Use the pencil to trace the face for the dog onto the white felt and cut it out.
    Use the dressmaker pencil to trace the face (left); face (right) and two ears onto the brown felt and cut them out.
    Trace the nose onto the black felt and cut it out.
  2. Advertisement

3. Score the gray cardstock in half to create a card sized 5.7" x 5.7".
  4. With the fold at the top, centre and glue the pink cardstock to the front of the card.
  5. Assemble the dogs face:
    Glue the white felt to the card.
    Add the brown parts of the face.
    Glue down only half of each ear. Fold the tip of each ear over and glue the tip of the ear to the card.
    Add the nose and the wiggle eyes.
  6. Use the colored felt-tip pens to write "I Woof You" at the bottom of the card.
  7. Use the black colored felt-tip pen to add the dog's mouth and the spots where the whiskers would be.
  8. Advertisement

9. Add the foam deco hearts.

Crafts Valentine's DayDecember 7, 2016
😷
😎
🌻
🐛
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/I-Woof-You-Valentines-Day-Card.html