Making a Flamingo Heart Card
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
February 19, 2019
This is a cute flamingo heart card you can give to someone for Valentine's Day, or glue down onto a card. It would be cute if they were facing each other too. But the purpose of this craft was because we went to the zoo, the kids thought how cool a flamingo was and wanted to make one! They both had fun playing with these together and making these flamingos kiss!
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 2 flamingos
- hot glue
- pipe cleaner
- construction paper
- black pen/Sharpie
- Depending on how many flamingos you want to make, you will be cutting heart shapes for the body. I cut out two for two flamingos I will be making - one for each of my kids.
- Cut two narrow triangular tips for the flamingos' beaks, then draw on a face with a black fine print pen/Sharpie.
- Prep the supplies to complete your flamingo. Cut pipe cleaners, each will need (3) 2 for legs and 1 for head. Then using your hands bend the neck into shape.
- Put the heart shape down and hot glue on all the pieces - legs, neck, and feathers.
- Flip around and hot glue the face on and bend the legs.
- To reverse the flamingo's position, put the heart upwards and envision how the legs/head are supposed to look underneath the heart, then flip around and hot glue down.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.