Making a Flamingo Heart Card
Using a cut out pink heart you and the kids can make flamingo cards for Valentine's day. Pipe cleaners can be the neck and long legs adorned by pink feathers for the tail.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a cute flamingo heart card you can give to someone for Valentine's Day, or glue down onto a card. It would be cute if they were facing each other too. But the purpose of this craft was because we went to the zoo, the kids thought how cool a flamingo was and wanted to make one! They both had fun playing with these together and making these flamingos kiss!
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 2 flamingos
- hot glue
- pipe cleaner
- construction paper
- black pen/Sharpie
- Depending on how many flamingos you want to make, you will be cutting heart shapes for the body. I cut out two for two flamingos I will be making - one for each of my kids.
- Cut two narrow triangular tips for the flamingos' beaks, then draw on a face with a black fine print pen/Sharpie.
- Prep the supplies to complete your flamingo. Cut pipe cleaners, each will need (3) 2 for legs and 1 for head. Then using your hands bend the neck into shape.
- Put the heart shape down and hot glue on all the pieces - legs, neck, and feathers.
- Flip around and hot glue the face on and bend the legs.
- To reverse the flamingo's position, put the heart upwards and envision how the legs/head are supposed to look underneath the heart, then flip around and hot glue down.