Making a Crocheted Edge Valentine Card

By adding a nice crochet edge you can make a Valentine's Day card more personal and special. This is a guide about making a crocheted edge Valentine card.

A special Valentine for someone special.

Approximate Time: 30 minutes max

Instructions:

Notes: Read instructions all the way through before beginning. Depending upon how far apart your holes turn out, you may need to ch 2 between the sc.

Prep The Card:

With a pencil lightly draw a heart, circle, or oval around the picture on the card. Cut out the shape, cutting just inside the pencil marks. On the back side draw a line about 1/8 inch from the edge. Then punch holes every quarter inch using the line as your guide.

Crocheting The Edging:

Round 1: Attach thread with a sc in one the hole just to the left of the dip. *Ch 1, sc in next hole. Repeat from * around, except work 3 sc in hole at tip of heart. Join in the first sc with a slipstitch.

Round 2: *Skip ch, 3 dc in next sc, slipstitch in next sc. Repeat from * around. Join with a slipstitch in the beginning slipstitch.

Fasten off and weave in the ends.

By Suzetta from Bellingham, WA

Top Comment

This is a very beautiful Valentine's Day Card. Wish I'd seen it sooner, but maybe I can whip up something tomorrow by dinner time. It's really a nice idea.

HokeyPoke

This is great.Thanks for sharing the idea.

Very pretty! I'm going to try it. You are so creative.

I love this! I think I'm going to make some for the kids & grandkids for next Valentine's Day. Thanks!