Making a Guitar Heartstrings Card
Show your valentine how much you care with this adorable handmade card. It's perfect for a guitar lover.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a cute handmade card featuring a heart-shaped guitar with actual strings. When you bend the card a bit, the strings move! This is a fun all-ages craft.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 card
- craft paper (pink, red, black, white)
- thin white string
- black pen
- Fold a piece of pink paper for your card base. I made mine a vertical standing card.
- Fold a piece of red paper in half and draw half a heart at the spine.
- Cut out the heart, unfold and glue in place.
- To make the neck of the guitar, take a piece of black paper and cut out a circle with a long stem coming out of it, similar to an old thermometer.
- To make the head of the guitar, cut out an elongated square with the top edges rounded off.
- Glue the black piece onto the heart.
- Dab some glue on the bottom of the black circle, then attach 3 pieces of string, going up the neck.
- When the glue has dried, pull the strings taut and glue the head down over the top of the neck. Let dry.
- To make the bridge on the guitar, glue a tiny rectangle of white paper onto the bottom edges of the strings. Draw some screws on the sides. Draw 3 tuning pegs onto the neck.
- Write your message onto some white paper, then cut the pieces out.
- Glue the message to the top and bottom of the card. Let dry. When you bend the card, the strings will move.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.