Guitar Heartstrings Card
This is a cute handmade card featuring a heart-shaped guitar with actual strings. When you bend the card a bit, the strings move! This is a fun all-ages craft.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 card
- craft paper (pink, red, black, white)
- thin white string
- black pen
- Fold a piece of pink paper for your card base. I made mine a vertical standing card.
- Fold a piece of red paper in half and draw half a heart at the spine.
- Cut out the heart, unfold and glue in place.
- To make the neck of the guitar, take a piece of black paper and cut out a circle with a long stem coming out of it, similar to an old thermometer.
- To make the head of the guitar, cut out an elongated square with the top edges rounded off.
- Glue the black piece onto the heart.
- Dab some glue on the bottom of the black circle, then attach 3 pieces of string, going up the neck.
- When the glue has dried, pull the strings taut and glue the head down over the top of the neck. Let dry.
- To make the bridge on the guitar, glue a tiny rectangle of white paper onto the bottom edges of the strings. Draw some screws on the sides. Draw 3 tuning pegs onto the neck.
- Write your message onto some white paper, then cut the pieces out.
- Glue the message to the top and bottom of the card. Let dry. When you bend the card, the strings will move.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!