Mummy Enchilada Recipes
Make these cute Halloween enchiladas for a party or family dinner. This page contains mummy enchilada recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These creamy "mummy" enchiladas are perfect for dinner on Halloween!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 16 enchiladas
- 16 white corn tortillas
- 1 (28 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
- 16 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) block of Monterey Jack cheese
- 32 black olive slices
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Pour 1/2 of enchilada sauce into the bottom of a large casserole pan.
- Stack up the tortillas, wrap in a damp paper towel, and microwave at 10 second intervals until soft.
- Spread 1 Tbsp. of cream cheese onto each tortilla.
- Place the cotija cheese in a bowl or on a plate and crumble with a fork. Sprinkle with approx. 1 Tbsp. of cotija cheese.
- Add a layer of baby spinach leaves. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Roll up enchilada and place seam side down in the casserole pan.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over enchiladas. Spread evenly with a spoon.
- Using the slice side of your cheese grater or a knife, cut thin slices of Monterey Jack cheese. Cut the slices into thin strips. These will be the mummy bandages.
- Place two olive slices onto each enchilada for eyes. Then lay strips of cheese across each enchilada, criss-crossing them to look like bandages.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with a side of black beans, topped with cotija cheese crumbles.
November 1, 20120 found this helpful
Yum. Those look great.
In This Guide