Cheese and Chicken Enchilada Recipes
Cheesy chicken enchiladas baked in your favorite sauce are a favorite family meal. This page contains cheese and chicken enchilada recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
This is a take on chicken enchiladas that's great for cheese lovers, or those looking for a low carb dish. It knocks out the use of tortillas altogether and uses pan melted cheese that solidifies enough to use as a wrapper. The texture is absolutely dreamy, with little crispy edges of cheese. Fun and tasty!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 enchiladas
- 4 ounces cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 Tbsp diced green chiles
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 4 Tbsp red enchilada sauce
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 Tbsp sliced black olives
- 1 Tbsp chopped green onions
- Mix together the chicken and the chiles in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat and place half the cheese on it in a neat pile to melt.
- Use the tip of a spatula to start pushing around the edges to form a "lip" on the cheese.
- Place half the chicken and chiles on one end of the cheese.
- Use the spatula to roll the cheese over the chicken mixture, all the way to the other side.
- The cheese wrapper will auto-tuck the chicken. Lift it off the pan and transfer to a plate.
- Spoon on some enchilada sauce, then add sour cream, olives, and green onions.
I love this recipe, it doesn't have a lot of ingredients. It's quick and tasty!Read More...
I learned from a dear friend how to make these years ago. The combination of cheeses is great and I love most on the corn tortillas.Read More...
Mix chicken, 1/2 can undiluted soup, chilies, sour cream, and only 1/2 each of cheese. Roll a good portion in each tortilla and secure with a toothpick.
Place in 9x13 inch pan, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.Read More...