Making Chicken Egg Rolls
These easy to make, delicious egg rolls are baked rather than fried. They are a great accompaniment to stir fry or any other dish. This page contains a recipe and instructions for making chicken egg rolls
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
An easy alternative to takeout Chinese food that is waistline friendly!
Total Time: 60 minutes, including prep/cooling time
Yield: 12 egg rolls
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1 cup cubed chicken breast
- 1 cup scallions, diced
- 2 cups cabbage,shredded
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (Oyster is best, but I had none, so I subbed!)
- Saute chicken and scallions in sesame oil for 3-5 minutes. Add carrot, cabbage, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce. Reduce to low and simmer, covered for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let mixture cool (30 minutes).
- Arrange egg roll wrapper at a diagonal. Add 3 Tbsp. (approximately) of mixture to center. Fold bottom triangle up, sides in (like wrapping a gift!) then seal top edges with water and roll up to meet. Repeat x 12.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. Broil for one minute.
- Serve alongside stir fry or have more as the main event!