Chicken Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
June 23, 2017
I love making Vietnamese spring rolls, especially for summertime picnics and potlucks. They look pretty fancy but they are so easy to make. You can use any number of fillings for yours. Just like any recipe, it's fun to stray from the usual to suit your tastes!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 10 spring rolls
- 10 rice wrappers
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1 Persian cucumber, julienned
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1/4 carrot, sliced thin
- 3 whole green onions, julienned
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce (or more soy sauce)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one rice wrapper into the water for 1 second to soften.
- Lay rice wrapper flat on a work surface. Start laying down your more colourful fillings in the center in a row. I started with carrot, tomato and basil.
- Add a little bit of each one of the other fillings, leaving about 1.5 inches uncovered on each side.
- Fold sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper. It will stick to itself to seal. Repeat with the rest of the wrappers and fillings.
- To make the dipping sauce, in a bowl, mix together the peanut butter, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, and water until it's smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with the rolls as a dip and enjoy!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.