'End of Peanut Butter Jar' Peanut Sauce

Category Sauces
Turn that last bit of peanut butter at the bottom of the jar into delicious peanut sauce. You can mix it right in the jar. This is a guide about making end of peanut butter jar peanut sauce.

I get so sad when I get to the bottom of the peanut butter jar because I'm a peanut butter fiend! I turn my frown upside down by stretching those last couple of tablespoons into a yummy Thai style peanut sauce using a few extra ingredients.

Total Time: 10 minutes

Yield: 4-6 servings of peanut sauce

• 1 almost empty peanut butter jar (a couple tablespoons remaining)
  • 2 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 Tbsp vinegar
  • 1 tsp hot sauce
  • 1/2 small lime
  • 1 in ginger root
  • 1 clove garlic
  • warm water

1. Pour the soy sauce, vinegar, and hot sauce into the nearly empty jar of peanut butter.
  2. Squeeze in the lime juice.
  3. Using a mini grater, zest the lime onto a small bowl or plate.
  4. Grate the ginger and clove of garlic.
  5. Add the grated ingredients to peanut butter jar.
  6. Depending on how thick or thin you want your peanut sauce, start adding tablespoons of warm water. I used about two or three here.
  7. Screw the top back on your peanut jar and shake vigorously. Your peanut sauce is ready.
  8. Use as a dipping sauce or pour it on. Here I used it as a sauce for my buckwheat noodles and broccoli. Delicious!
  9. Ad

What a FABULOUS and CREATIVE idea. I also grow sad as the end of the jar approaches. I shamefully confess that too often I end up letting it sit until it becomes rancid and must be tossed so I can start out with a fresh new jar. I try to add some to stir-fry's when I can, but I rarely get to the total end of the jar with it all gone. Now I have something to do with it!! Thanks!!!

Haha! I will have to admit that I used to let it sit to rancidity, too! Nevermore! Enjoy this! :)