Recipes Using Wontons

I tried these yesterday and they are great!

Directions:

Whisk the butter, hot pepper sauce, and vinegar together in a bowl until smooth. Stir in the shredded chicken, and let stand 15 minutes.

Lay out several wonton wrappers, place 1/2 teaspoon chicken in the center of each wrapper and top with 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese. Brush the edges of the wonton wrappers with egg white, fold them over the filling in a triangle shape and press the edged together to seal. Continue until all of the wontons are filled.

Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat to 375 degrees. Cook the wontons 4 to 5 at a time in the hot oil and deep fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip as necessary for even browning.

Remove the wontons from the oil and drain on a cloth or paper towel.

Serve with Blue Cheese Dressing

Source: I checked out a few recipes for this one and ultimately chose one from Allrecipes :-)

By Deeli from Richland, WA

7 More Solutions

Our garden grew lots of green peppers this year so I decided to use some store bought won tons pastries to make us a yummy Popper treat. Easy and so delish! The sweet chili sauce really tops it off well!

Green Pepper Wonton Poppers

My 2 year old grandson LOVES fried mozzarella sticks at various fast food places, which are breaded and cooked in oil in a deep fryer. I thought I would try wrapping the cheese sticks in the egg roll skins and I fried them in a little olive oil in a cast iron pan.

Cynthia Smith

When you need something that looks like it took a lot of effort to make but you don't have the time, these Chicken Wonton Rolls are just the thing! Try serving with chicken gravy to make a complete meal!

Combine cream cheese, crab meat and garlic powder. Drop 1 tsp. of mixture in center of skin. Brush skin edge with beaten egg yolk and press edges to seal...

I saw a recipe for won ton soup and lost it after I bought the supplies. It had chicken broth, soya sauce, ginger, won ton wraps, ground turkey or chicken, fresh basil torn and green onions. I am a diabetic, so am trying to lose weight.

Susan from Hamilton, Ont

Answers

By jsham (Guest Post)

Put won ton soup into your search engine and you should get some good recipes. I like the one from About.com.

Go to www.recipezaar.com and type in Wonton Soup
There are 11 recipes to choose from, hope you find one you like

The book "The Joy of Wokking" by Martin Yan has a Cantonese style Wonton Soup that tastes great with chicken substitued for the pork and shrimp(the first don't eat much, the other am allergic to.) He even tells, with diagrams how to wrap the wontons.

Answer this Question

From what exactly are wonton wrappers made? Is it rice wrappers or a dough?

By Amani

Answers

Nasoya brand is wheat.

Answer this Question

I know everyone associates mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce, but I prefer these with Chinese hot mustard or sweet and sour dipping sauce.

Food and Recipes Recipes International ChineseAugust 21, 2012
👒
🐛
🐰
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Recipes-Using-Wontons.html