Easy Chicken Egg Rolls
An easy alternative to takeout Chinese food that is waistline friendly!
Total Time: 60 minutes, including prep/cooling time
Yield: 12 egg rolls
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1 cup cubed chicken breast
- 1 cup scallions, diced
- 2 cups cabbage,shredded
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (Oyster is best, but I had none, so I subbed!)
- Saute chicken and scallions in sesame oil for 3-5 minutes. Add carrot, cabbage, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce. Reduce to low and simmer, covered for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let mixture cool (30 minutes).
- Arrange egg roll wrapper at a diagonal. Add 3 Tbsp. (approximately) of mixture to center. Fold bottom triangle up, sides in (like wrapping a gift!) then seal top edges with water and roll up to meet. Repeat x 12.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. Broil for one minute.
- Serve alongside stir fry or have more as the main event!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.