Chinese Boneless Spareribs
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 355 Posts
November 8, 2016
I love Chinese boneless spareribs, but always find them overcooked, dry or tough to chew. I started making my own and this recipe is frugal and so very easy. It can be used as an appetizer or served with rice and vegetables as a meal. I like it both ways. This time of year everyone is looking for easy appetizers for the holidays. I used a frying pan to cook these. My oven was being cleaned! I usually bake these.
- 2 lb pkg. cut boneless country style spare ribs
- 1 jar (11 oz) AH-SO Sauce
- 4 qt freezer bags
- Unwrap the meat on a cutting board, the pork is only cut halfway through in thick slices.
- Cut through each thick slice and then cut each thick slice into 4 thin slices.
- Place a handful of strips into a baggie, dividing them up among four bags. Put about a 1/2 pound per bag. With your hands spread out the strips and lay them flat.
- Open the jar of Ah-So Sauce, and spoon about 3 Tbsp. into each bag. Close the bag and let all air out. Then mix the bag well in your hands blending the sauce into the meat covering it completely.
- Then once again try to get the package of meat laying flat. Now they are ready to freeze.
- When you are ready to use a package of boneless spareribs, you just take a bag and lie it in a sink of warm water for five minutes only. They thaw quickly.
- Using a glass baking dish, spray oil the dish, spread out straight each strip and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. If you like them to be dark browned on the edges, you can put them under your broiler for the last 45 seconds to a minute.
- You will be so surprised at how tender and juicy these ribs are. Enjoy! :)
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.