Egg Drop Soup Recipes
Egg flower soup is a wonderful first course for a chinese style meal. This page contains egg drop soup recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This delicious recipe has flavor and veggies to make it a little heartier then traditional egg drop soup.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- 1 4 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 12 oz firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1-2 cup spinach
- 1 slice onion
- splash sesame oil
- Simmer only 3 cups of chicken broth on stove. I make mine from chicken bouillon cubes.
- Add 1 tbsp. ginger and 2 tbsp. soy sauce and stir. Maintain broth on simmer.
- Add 1 tbsp.cornstarch to remaining one cup of broth.
- Whisk up 3 eggs. Then add to cornstarch/broth mixture. Stir gently to blend with eggs.
- Drizzle the egg/cornstarch mixture into the broth for ribbons of eggs.
- Add sliced mushroom and cubed tofu to soup. Leave cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Add fresh spinach into pot for a few minutes until it wilts.
- Serve sprinkled with onions and sprinkle of sesame oil if desired. You can offer crispy chow mein noodles on the side if desired as well.
If you or your friends like Chinese Food, you may like this soup. My friends say they like it better than what they get at Chinese buffets.
They probably like all the different flavors. There is more stuff in this recipe than what they are usually getting.
Wash and separate spinach leaves. Break into 4 inch sections. Beat eggs. Bring chicken broth to a boil. Add salt and spinach. Add cornstarch paste. Stir a few seconds until stock thickens.Read More...
March 18, 20090 found this helpful
In a wok or saucepan, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add the pepper, salt, and sesame oil. Heat broth for about one more minute.
Slowly and evenly pour in the eggs and gently stir the egg for another minute.Read More...