Where Can I Buy Rolls of Quarters?

Paper rolls for rolling coins are often available from your bank at no charge. If you would like to purchase quarters already in rolls, the bank has those as well for $10 per roll. This is a guide about where can I buy rolls of quarters?

Can anyone tell me where I can buy a roll of quarters for the laundromat?

Bhole from Houston, TX

Answers

Best Answer

I get mine from my bank. They will exchange a roll of quarters for the equal amount of paper money.

Best Answer

I, myself, being a 'slave to the laundromat', can relate to your problem. Here's what I do now: I get paid every 2 weeks. Every payday, when I take my check to the bank, I get 2 rolls of quarters. Whatever I don't use at the laundromat, I put in a jar that is specifically for my laundry money. Sometimes, I end up with a few dollars extra, which I keep in there for emergencies (such as a stain needing immediate washing or if my kids should have an 'accident').

Best Answer

The bank is the correct answer. I used to try to avoid this because I have direct deposit and seldom need to go. Unfortunately, there is no other sure fire way to get a roll of quarters now.

I used to work at a 7-11, and I was always fine with giving out rolls of quarters. Most places aren't like this unfortunately. We had a timed safe that you loaded with plastic tubes. It was about 10 tubes high and 8 tubes wide. That meant there were two rows always filled with rolls of quarters, other stuff being 4 fives, 10 and two fives, 10 ones, etc. We also had a drop safe where I worked in a Discount Food Mart.

Point being, if you know your convenience stores have a drop safe like this, you can get a roll of quarters there. They usually don't mind advertising that it's there. It's on a two minute timer, and it allows them to keep <$50 in the drawer at all times, while not allowing someone to steal more than one additional drop <=$20.

Where in the city can I buy quarters?

Answers

Laundromats don't like it when you use their quarter machines when you aren't doing laundry there. I go to video game arcades and the bank when I'm in need of quarters :)

If you need quarters, the best place to go is the bank.

Why are you buying rolls of quarters? Laundromat? Games? Pinball? Collecting?
How many rolls and how often will you be needing rolls?
Generally banks (inside lobby) are the best place to get rolls of coins but if you need them often you may be able to get someone (local store/restaurant/) to get you a roll or two on certain days.