Cheese-Wrapped Chicken Enchilada

This is a take on chicken enchiladas that's great for cheese lovers, or those looking for a low carb dish. It knocks out the use of tortillas altogether and uses pan melted cheese that solidifies enough to use as a wrapper. The texture is absolutely dreamy, with little crispy edges of cheese. Fun and tasty!

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 25 minutes

Yield: 2 enchiladas

1. Mix together the chicken and the chiles in a bowl. Set aside.
  2. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat and place half the cheese on it in a neat pile to melt.
  3. Use the tip of a spatula to start pushing around the edges to form a "lip" on the cheese.
  4. Place half the chicken and chiles on one end of the cheese.
  5. Use the spatula to roll the cheese over the chicken mixture, all the way to the other side.
  6. The cheese wrapper will auto-tuck the chicken. Lift it off the pan and transfer to a plate.
  7. Spoon on some enchilada sauce, then add sour cream, olives, and green onions.

Anonymous

Attosa,

Ohhhh yummmm, that looks tasty using the cheese as the outer wrap.

I can taste it now... almost :) - and with that nice crunchy cheese on the ouside that the goodies are all wrapped in, mmmm!

That's a yummy looking enchilada Attosa:)

Thank you:)

Yes!! I actually made this before I saw your enchilada post, and funnily enough, I thought of you as I prepared it! Months and months of watching how you cook and what you like to use, I think! I hope you try this! :)

And now I am actually just guessing that the first post I replied to was Suz :D I'm good at deciphering typing ;D

Hi Attosa, Yes, haha It's me! :D

I haven't been able to log in here, well, I've not tried *yet* today, as Jess let me know the "the link was broken" which is why I've not been able to do anything here, and I'm surprised my post there did show up, but *Anonymously* but that's okay, (it's me) hahaha And I'm SO glad too that you knew it was me :)

And I sure will make these soon (the enchie's) the way you have made them here. I love crunchy cheese, so this will be the ultimate in crunchy cheese :) YUMMMMEEEE

Thank you so much Attosa! :)

OH good! I tried logging in as my post was in "libo" and it works!

YAY!!!! :)

heheheh I'm all giddy now...hehehehe

Attosa,

And that is another (on the same wave length or something) too, you making these enchiladas and thinking of me...awww, you ARE
so kind and sweet, thank you Attosa.

And yep, you're right on target too with how I cook. You're amazing!

Thank you:)

I logged in while my post was in "limbo" (not sure what to call it)

but, it's ALL seeming to be working perfectly now.
(my other post went somewhere) maybe because I hadn't logged in at the time, but I am now, and I'm just so glad it all seems to work again. :)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME BACK FROM TF LIMBO!!!!!!!!! I like that I knew it was you anyway! If you make these, lemme know how you like them. I'm going to make them your way when I visit my parents soon. They have never had enchiladas, I'm pretty sure, and that's just crazy! ;)

hehehe, I do too (like that you knew it was me), you are such a kick, *and special* I could just hug you Attosa! :)

And I sure will let you know when I make the "enchi's" like you've done. Yummm

And you're going to make the "enchi's" for your folks? Wow, that's great!

Thank you Attosa:)