Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipes
Read More Comments
This easy recipe looked and tasted great with very few ingredients and little prep! Try it and let me know what you think!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
Total Time: 30-40 minutes
- 1 lb raw chicken (I used breast) cut up
- 5 -6 corn tortillas
- 8 oz Enchilada sauce
- 2/3 cup Monterey or your favorite melting cheese (I used veggie cheese)
- Spritz spray oil
- Full disclosure here; I actually used about 2 lbs. of chicken breast since I wanted leftovers and extra protein. Cut up the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a pot with 1/3 of the Enchilada sauce. No extra water needed if you cook it slowly and stir often. I put on a lid to help capture the steam and help it cook but keep stirring until the chicken releases it's juices and helps with the liquid in the pot.
- I heated up my tortillas since they weren't the flat type.
- Spray the bottom of baking dish. Spread another third of the sauce on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Layer it with your tortillas.
- Shred up the chicken with two forks in the pan.
- Add a layer of the shredded chicken on the tortillas in the baking pan.
- Top with some sauce (you can use what is in the pot too) and 1/2 the cheese. Then more sauce and repeat to layer up to the top one more time.
- Bake in oven at 375F for about 20 minutes, just to melt the cheese and meld everything together.
8 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Mix the first 6 ingredients together in a large bowl. Layer 1/3 of the torn tortillas on bottom of a greased 9x13 inch pan. Layer on 1/3 of the chicken mixture and then 1/3 of cheese.Read More...
One of my mom's favorite dishes! Heat soup, chilies, and milk together. Layer, beginning with chips, in 9x13 inch pan. Alternate with chicken, soup mixture, and cheese.Read More...
Combine ingredients in a large bowl. Tear tortillas into small pieces and fold into mixture. Pour into greased 9x13 inch pan. Sprinkle top with reserved cheese.Read More...
When you don't have the time or the desire to make individual enchiladas try this delicious casserole alternative. This is a page about making chicken and black bean enchilada casserole.
ThriftyFun is one of the longest running frugal living communities on the Internet. These are archives of older discussions.
Cook the onion in butter until tender and mix in the soup, enchilada sauce and chicken.Read More...
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, cheese, chile peppers, corn, and chicken.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.