Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Making a Bottle Cap Christmas Tree

Decorating the underside of bottle caps with holiday paper is the first step in making a cute Christmas tree that can also serve as a fridge magnet. This is a guide about making a bottle cap Christmas tree.

December 20, 2010 Flag

An easy craft re-using bottlecaps and promotional magnets.

Approximate Time: Less than 1 hour

Instructions:

I chose a wrapping paper that had a variety of items to punch out. I punched 12 1 inch circles from the wrapping paper and used Mod Podge to glue circles inside the caps.

Bottlecap400x441.jpg

Once dry, I squeezed a small amount of varnish into each cap, then lightly sprinkled glitter while it was still wet. While the caps dried, I used a different wrapping paper and Mod Podge on the sheet magnet. After everything was dry, I used hot glue to glue the caps to the magnet in a Christmas tree shape.

By Jenn from Vineland, NJ

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Very cute!

This is great! I also love how you've displayed the items you used to make your project. Nice work. Thank you.

I really like this craft because it is so versatile. It would work with Easter paper and make it in the form of egg, maybe or for birthdays with birthday paper in round shapes to make coasters for the birthday table. Thanks.