Crafty Gift Ideas for Young Children

I am a teacher in early education and I wanted to make all my kids something small for Christmas. Not too expensive because there are 40 of them, but something cute and crafty! I loved the thanksgiving craft I found on here with the Toostie pop made into a turkey on a piece of cardstock. I make those for Thanksgiving. Thanks!

Bec from Pawtucket, RI

I made my kids a candy cane reindeer one year. You fold a black pipe cleaner in half around the crook (about where you'd expect to find antlers) of the candy cane and curl each side around a pencil so that you have curly antlers. Then you glue little eyes from the craft store on the front of the hook. All this is done while still in the wrapper, of course!

Another thing I've done is make each one a Christmas ornament. I bought clear glass bulbs and used Cremacoat paint. Just put a bit of 2-3 colors into the hole and place your finger over the hole and shake. As it drys rotate the ball so paint doesn't puddle in one place. When it's dry replace the top and they're ready.

I also made picture ornaments with little gold frames and a school picture of each one but that was the year I only had 5 students! Too labor intensive for a large class!

You can make some darling things on your computer using free printables. Two sites that are very good are alenkas.com and graphicgarden.com. Once there, find the link for free printables and then browse what is there. You can find cute wrappers for microwave popcorn and candy bars as well as darling envelopes for a packet of Swiss Miss.

I found this site for a friend cause she is a Sunday school teacher. It has

crafts broken down by age groups.

http://familyfu  s/crafts-by-age/

During my internship I made my students hemp bracelets with their names on them in letter beads. (I had 32 kids in my class) It took a lot of time to make them with hemp (all those knots) but there are many other easier ways to make them (cotton string). Hemp wouldn't be too bad if you have a small class!

girl painting pottery
Crafty Gift Ideas
Holidays and Parties Gifts ChristmasNovember 29, 2007
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Craft Ideas for Creamer Containers
Crafts Using Single Serving Cream Containers
13 year old gift ideas
Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl
Mosquito bites on a young child.
Mosquito Repellents for Young Children
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 2:32:51 AM on 10.0.2.145 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.