GiftsChristmas

Christmas Gift Idea for New Boyfriend

So I just started dating this guy and have thought of a gift idea, but I'm just not sure if it is appropriate for being together for such a short amount of time.

My plans was to buy boxers and tie-dye them his favorite colours and put a little heart with my initials in it? (We had been joking that I should get him boxers with my face on them.) I talked to some people I know and they thought it was too soon for me to be buying him underwear.

Would it be safer to go with a giftcard or something or my creative idea ?

By Rachy from Ontario

I'd probably go with something related to his favourite sport or car or hobby at this stage. Wrap it super nice!

It does sound like a cute idea, but if you haven't been dating that long, it might freak him out a little bit. Or it could go vise versa, he may love it. I would go with a safe option if it was me though.

I'll tell you what people say," If you have to ask, you are to young." Underwear is not an appropriate gift for a new OR old boyfriend from a Young Lady. A nice after shave lotion, gloves/scarf or make him a nice dinner.

GG Vi

I'm not sure I would get him anything. Unless it was something like cookies or candy you had baked. You're going to be embarased if he doesn't get you anything. I once bought a gift for a boy I'd just started dating. He didn't get me anything and it was an uncomfortable situation for us both. But I don't know what time frame when you say you just started dating and it depends upon if either of you are dating anyone else.