Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Use Thrift Store Dishes At Parties

When you go to a meeting that requires you bring food, shop at the thrift store or Goodwill for platters. You can usually get them for a buck.

Then when you bring your baked item, use it for that one time. Tell someone they can take it home, but only if they pass it along to someone else.

That way the platters get recycled and nobody is out anything except the original person who brought it to begin with.

Source: I was at a woman's meeting and they suggested this.

By laniegirl from IA

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Use Thrift Store Dishes At Parties

I purchase thrift store plate, bowls and bread plates, keeping several on hand. Re-wash them for use. These are great to use in placing your food on/in for holiday get together parties, picnics, potluck, bake sales, remembrance dinners for grieving families, or anywhere you use a dish and don't mind if you never see it again.

"El cheapo me," has lost too many pieces of my good china and baking dishes, even when I had them clearly marked for return!

By Gladys

RE: Use Thrift Store Dishes At Parties

Great Idea! Thanks! Happy Holidays!(11/17/2004)

By Jazzlyn

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to post feedback.