Use Thrift Store Dishes At Parties

When you go to a meeting that requires you bring food, shop at the thrift store or Goodwill for platters. You can usually get them for a buck.

Then when you bring your baked item, use it for that one time. Tell someone they can take it home, but only if they pass it along to someone else.

That way the platters get recycled and nobody is out anything except the original person who brought it to begin with.

Source: I was at a woman's meeting and they suggested this.

By laniegirl from IA

September 28, 2010 Flag

I purchase thrift store plate, bowls and bread plates, keeping several on hand. Re-wash them for use. These are great to use in placing your food on/in for holiday get together parties, picnics, potluck, bake sales, remembrance dinners for grieving families, or anywhere you use a dish and don't mind if you never see it again.

"El cheapo me," has lost too many pieces of my good china and baking dishes, even when I had them clearly marked for return!

By Gladys

Use Thrift Store Dishes At Parties

Great Idea! Thanks! Happy Holidays!(11/17/2004)

By Jazzlyn

Holidays and Parties Christmas Helpful HintsSeptember 28, 2010
A photo of all the different actor's who played Doctor Who.
Making a Doctor Who Costume
Thrift Store Clothes
Thrift Store Shopping Tips
Glass frog pencil holders.
Unique Pencil Holders
A Christmas wreath made from neckties.
Crafts Using Neckties