This may look like it has a lot of parts, but it's really very simple to put together. When your soldier is finished, he will sit on a tabletop or bookshelf. Crafting Time: 45 minutes to 1 hour
- cardboard bath tissue tube
- felt - purple, pink (or other skin color), black
- small gold rickrack
- gold cord
- 1 large "jewel"
- fabric paint: blue, black, red
- glitter glue (optional) this may be used as a substitute for the sequins and "jewel"
- craft glue
- Cover the bottom half of your cardboard tube with purple felt. Cut 2, 1 x 4 inch pieces of purple felt for the legs and 2, 1 x 3 inch pieces of purple felt for the arms.
- Glue one end of each arm to the tube, just above the bottom half (which you covered with purple felt).
- Glue one end of each leg to the inside of the tube front at the bottom.
- Cover the top half of your tube with pink (or other skin color) felt. The pink will cover the tops of the arms.
- Cut a half circle of black felt for the hat brim. Glue this to the top of the pink felt. Cut a rectangle of black felt to fit around the tube and glue one side of this around the top of the tube to complete the hat.
- Cut four oval shapes from black felt for the hands and feet. Glue these at the ends of the arms and legs.
- Glue a gold cord chin strap for the hat down the sides of the face and around the "chin". Glue crisscross strips of gold cord across the front of the purple "coat".
- Glue gold rickrack at the end of each sleeve, at the end of each pant leg, around the top and bottom of the coat, and around the top and bottom of the hat.
- Decorate the sleeves, pant legs, and coat with sequins or glitter glue. Glue a jewel to the front of the hat. You can also create a jewel with glitter glue.
- Add facial features with fabric paint.
By Marie from West Dundee, IL
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
December 18, 20070 found this helpful
I really like this craft, looks great! Thank you so much and Merry Christmas!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 20, 2016 at 10:35:04 AM on 10.0.2.182 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us