Making a Pet Frog from a Toilet Paper Tube
Paper tubes can be used to make lots of children's crafts. This is a guide about making a pet frog from a toilet paper tube
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Does your child want a pet frog? This can be a temporary replacement with no responsibilities attached.
This paper pet frog is made with a toilet paper tube and construction paper. I used circle dots as "food" for the frog and your child can feed the frog and repeat the process.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- toilet paper tube
- construction paper
- circle dot stickers
- Sharpie pen
- Cut a toilet paper tube to your desired frog size or you can keep the paper tube at its original size, preference is up to you. Then, cut paper to tube size and tape.
- Cut two strips of paper (for hind legs) and freehand cut two webbed feet out.
- Tape the webbed feet onto your tube.
- Fold the two strips of paper to create the frog's hind legs. Then, tape legs onto each side.
- Cut the top of the tube to create an outline of the face as pictured.
- Carefully cut the mouth out.
- Stick on two circle dot stickers for the eyes. Using a Sharpie, draw eyes in.
- Draw pictures of flies onto several circle dot stickers. Then stick the stickers together.
- it is not ready for your child/toddler to play with. Example - they will just stick "food" into the frog like they're feeding their pet. :)
April 25, 20190 found this helpful
So cute, Michelle!
April 28, 20190 found this helpful