Holiday Wreath

This takes a wire coat hanger, and a box of 25 of the thinner gallon size plastic bags (not Zip-loc)

Cut the bags into strips about an inch wide, and about 6 inches long. Shape the hanger into a circle. Tie the strips, one at a time around the hanger. The tighter you pack them, close together, the fuller your wreath will be.

Once the circle is complete, adorn it in any way you want. I use mini pine cones, ribbons, small ball ornaments. Anything that is handy. Have also seen it adorned with starlight peppermint candies.

The top of the hanger provides the way to hang your wreath.

I used to do this every year with my fourth and fifth grade classes. They loved doing it, and the wreaths turned out to be beautiful.

They keep for many years. A plastic bag from the grocery store makes a good dust cover for storage. It is nice to have the children make them, then save them and give them to them for their own homes when they move out. Fun to have your first Christmas decoration in your new house, one that you yourself made as a child.

Source: I don't remember where I got the idea. I think it might have been from one of the parents of one of the children in my class. It was many years ago.

By Irish from Lewes, DE

We used to make these with strips of white tissue paper. The tissue paper looks wonderful, and you can vary the colors to make a striped wreath!

Recycled Wreath Ideas
Recycled Wreath Ideas
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations CraftsDecember 20, 2007
Candy Corn Wreath
Making a Candy Corn Wreath
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
Crocheted Wreaths
Making a Crocheted Wreath
Paper Poinsettias Wreath
Making a Paper Poinsettias Wreath