Making a Denim and Bandanna Wreath

Category Decorations
Denim fabric and bandannas, in your favorite colors, can be used to make a fun wreath for decorating inside or out. This is a page about making a denim and bandanna wreath.

I have a long list of wreaths to make. Today this one just hit me as the one to shine!

Total Time: 1 Hour

Yield: 1

Denim and Bandanna Wreath - finished wreath hanging on an exterior wall

• 1 wreath half ($.50)
  • 2-3 yd denim strips
  • 11 ft bandanna strips
  • hot glue
  • scissors
  • 22 buttons
  • straight pins
Denim and Bandanna Wreath - supplies

1. If you keep up with my stuff, you know that I now cut my Styrofoam wreaths in half. It's a tip I saw on Pinterest and now I get twice as many for my money.
  2. Advertisement

3. With the half, I started gluing the denim and patched it in the back with the next strip.
  4. Denim and Bandanna Wreath - begin wrapping and gluing the denim strips to the half wreath
  5. With the denim covering the form, I cut the ends off the ripped bandanna and cut each in half.
  6. Denim and Bandanna Wreath - cut the ripped bandanna strips in half
  7. Then you just tie them on with the ends on the outer edge of the ring.
  8. Denim and Bandanna Wreath - tie them on with the ends out
  9. I then put red buttons in the denim spaces just for a bit of country. I am amazed I had 22 matching ones, but yours don't have to be. I then hot glued a strip of denim on the back, and twisted it till I had the length I wanted and glued the other side down. N-JOY!!
  10. Denim and Bandanna Wreath - glue a button to each denim space
  11. I had some errant strip ends so I pinned the ones down that didn't want to stay in front.
  12. Advertisement

In These Pages
Crafts Home Decor DecorationsNovember 3, 2017
🎃
🌻