Here is a way to make cute butterflies using bandanas. I came up with this idea after thinking how pretty and colorful bandanas are just like butterflies.
Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 bandanas
- 6 pipe cleaners
- Gather your supplies. First lay flat both bandanas.
- Start with one bandana (body) and fold it in half. You need to repeat this two more times.
- Starting at one end roll it tightly until it reaches the other end. Use one hand to hold it tightly, take your finger and push up in the middle. It should look like a cone.
- Turn it over while holding it. Leave enough space on to pull out flaps and flatten the top. It will resemble the shape of a calla lily flower somewhat.
- Fold the flaps down and tie both ends together to form the head. Turn it over and it should show the plain color of the bandana and on top the designs. This will be the face. The top will hold the antennas.
- Pull and tug the top to make a opening space to tuck in the antennaes.You only need one pipe cleaner for them. Bend it in half and curl the ends.
- Make 6 legs with the pipe cleaners.You just need to tie and then bend each one.
- Now get the second bandana and tie a knot in the middle. Then pull the sides towards the middle. Place the butterfly body on top and use the remaining pipe cleaner to hold together and tie from the back. Adjust the wings and draw the face. You are done. You can hang on the wall and enjoy!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.