How to Make a Foam Heart Wreath

Whether you use a heart shaped wreath or a circle, foam wreath forms are the starting off point for a variety of pretty heart themed wreath projects. This is a guide about how to make a foam heart wreath.

For just about $3.00 you too can make this simple, kid friendly wreath!

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 1

• foam wreath form ($.49)
  • 2 Packages large, medium, and small foam hearts ($2.00)
  • 20 pins
  • 6 yd pretty fabric
  • scrap ribbon
  • hot glue gun
  • scissors

1. Cut your fabric into 2" wide strips. I used a fancy, shiny fabric. You can use any kind you want.
  2. Wrap it around the wreath form. I used pins to connect and secure them to the back as foam tends to melt when hot glue is used.
  3. The tiny and medium hearts were great for mixing and matching. Attach with the glue gun. The glitter on both sides keeps the foam from melting on the hearts.
  4. I glued the double hearts at random angles for a random effect. Then I put red ribbon on the wreath. I like to go in the opposite direction of the wrapped fabric, but you can go in the same direction if you want.
  5. I did the larger hearts by cutting the red and pink together and cutting them into four pieces. I then reassembled it and hung it from the center. With a piece of 3' ribbon for hanger. This simple wreath is done.
  6. NOTE: If you do this with the kids, you either need to supervise the hot glue gun, or do everything with pins. I think white ball pins would look cute in the center of each of the pink and red hearts!
  7. Ad