How to Make a Valentine's Day Tissue Wreath

This cute seasonal wreath is made using a wreath form cut from a paper plate. Scrunched up bits of tissue paper and crepe paper streamers are glued on to decorate it in pink and red. This guide is about how to make a Valentine's day tissue wreath.

Make this cute and inexpensive tissue paper wreath. It is perfect to hang in your office space and be festive for Valentine's Day.

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 1 wreath

• 1 paper plate
  • 4 sheets tissue paper
  • 1 roll crepe paper (streamers)
  • 1 scissors
  • 3 hot glue sticks

Total cost of this project:
- Pink Streamers .50 cents (comes in a pack of 2 at Dollar Tree)
- Christmas Clearance Tissue Paper .29 cents (originally $2.99)
- Paper plate + all other material at home

1. Using a paper plate, cut out the inside to form a wreath.
  2. Cut tissue paper strips in your desired length. I cut my tissue paper in long strips then in half so they were approximately 2" x 10". I used 4 red tissue paper sheets and 1 roll of streamers at 10" pieces long.
  3. Crumble your tissue paper and streamers then repeat.
  4. Use hot glue and glue tissue crumbles all around. I was able to do 3 rounds and used 3 glue sticks in total.
  5. Once completed, if you have any left over tissue paper crumbles you can touch up in spots lacking paper to hide any of the white paper plate. You can leave your wreath as is like this and display.
  6. Or, you could add some hearts along the sides, or wrap around with some ribbon. This is an example.
  7. But for mine, I hung hearts on a piece twine. I punched out hearts from kraft paper and then secured the twine with tape. Glued on another heart and then taped the twine behind the wreath.