Making a Yarn Wrapped Heart Wreath
This pretty Valentine's day decorative wreath is fun and easy to make. This is a guide about making a yarn wrapped heart wreath
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This heart wreath is a colorful and fun decoration for Valentine's day.
- foam heart wreath
- hot glue gun
- Tie the yarn onto the wreath and begin wrapping it around, making sure to not leave any gaps.
- When you get to the center at the top and bottom, tie off your yarn and cut off the end.
- You will need to cut a bunch of yarn pieces (approx. 2-3 in. long). Put glue onto the wreath and adhere these pieces, as though they were wrapped yarn. Make sure the ends meet in the middle. Snip off any loose ends.
- Tie the yarn back onto the wreath in the center and wrap it around a few times to cover the ends of the glued pieces. You will need to put glue along the point of the heart to hold the wrapped yarn in place. Glue the end of the yarn down and cut off the extra.
- Tie the yarn back on where you stopped gluing on the cut pieces. Continue wrapping yarn around the wreath until you reach the point at the bottom. NOTE: If you run out of yarn, glue the end down and start with a new piece.
- Glue small pieces onto the wreath, like in Step 3.
- Tie the yarn back on and finish wrapping the wreath if necessary.
- Make a bow or decorate however you like.
Making a Wire Edged Ribbon Bow
March 29, 20150 found this helpful
Make this yarn wrapped heart wreath for Valentine's day. It is simple to make and the results are fabulous. Learn how in this short video.
In These Guides