How to Make a Romantic Wreath
February 15, 2017
I won't get this on in time for crafters to make it for Valentine's Day, but it's pretty for a romantic room/wall hanging any time of the year!
With a wreath form, some fabric, ribbon, flowers, and some left over Christmas ornaments from the dollar store, you can make this for all the heart lovers out there!
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 wreath form ring ($1.00)
- 8-10 ft red fabric ($.25)
- 1-8 Each flowers, ribbon, hot glue scissors ($.25)
- 8 glitter covered heart ornaments from the dollar store. ($1.00)
- Cut your fabric choice into 1" strips and glue to the back, wrapping around.
- Place your hearts in the 12-3-6-9 positions on the circle (like a clock). Hot glue the first 4 on with minimal glue. They are very light weight and will also be tied down. Put the other 4 in between and glue to the first one where they meet.
- When the glue has cooled, glue your ribbon on the back and begin a spiral to cover the glued spot around. This will cover up any seepage you might have that you don't want to show. Keep the ribbon taut and glue at every pass on the back. I kept the embellishments all red, but you can mix and match with pink, white, etc.
- When done, glue a floral ribbon on the ribbon part that you just glued down. If you have something "glitzy" even better.
- Glue on a hanger and you are set. N-JOY!!
February 15, 20170 found this helpful
For some reason, I didn't post the shot where I put the little flowers on. My bad...
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 523 Posts
February 16, 20170 found this helpful
Well, I think it's very nice. Just the thing for my paramour's boudoir!
February 17, 20170 found this helpful
I am glad you like it!!
Read More Comments
February 19, 20170 found this helpful
That is so pretty - I will have to save it for another special day and help my grandson make it for his "current" girlfriend.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.